Firstly, I've done Preston to Prenton in a week, but that's obviously down to all the cycling and that long walk we did last Saturday. I'll see if I can cycle for 2.5 hours today, that should mean I do it in a day. Yeah. Maybe not. Maybe see if I can do it in 2 days.
In other news, moany moany and I went to Hack Green Secret Nuclear Bunker for our Valentine's treat. That may sound highly unromantic, but it was jolly good fun nonetheless, and it was amusing to see a "secret" bunker so clearly signposted everything. I imagined it would be a slightly more authentic experience really. The nearest we got to an authentic experience was the dark room with the flashing red lights, as if that signified a nuclear explosion. It was fun though, not least because we kept seeing the words "Bikini Alert" everywhere, which made us giggle like the immature idiots we clearly are. Pics on Twatter/Bookface in any case. The plan afterwards was to go and "take a closer look at Nantwich", as advised by the tourist board, but instead we had a brief look at Aldi and I gorged on Haribo coz I've lost a stone. Woohoo!
Bought a box set of apparently sexy films, two of which I've seen and adore (Cruel Intentions and Closer), one of which had Catherine Tate in it (Scenes of a Sexual Nature). We watched the Catherine Tate one. It was shite. It did make me want to go to Hampstead Heath quite badly though. After that we watched an obscene amount of Watching, which made me want to go to Liverpool quite badly. Some kind of warped homesickness I guess. Maybe one day I'll feel that way about Preston, that is, if anyone decides to make a film or sitcom set in Preston, which they won't, so there's really no danger is there?
Watched the first half of Les Mis after. It's grim and long, and I realised why I'd never bothered with it before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment