Sunday, 27 December 2009

Review of my year

I always have to do one of these because I love myself. Also because I'm getting old and am finding it harder to remember everything I've ever done. So here goes. My highlights of the last year are as follows (in no particular order):

  • Unplugged Preston gig with Invocal. Was a lot of fun. Was also the day The Daily Patsy was born, a momentous occasion in itself. Didn't actually see them that much this year, saw them in Reading, Newcastle, Wirksworth, Brighton, Northampton couple of times. Poor Show. Must try harder.
  • Melanie C in Blood Brothers, seen that twice. First time from the gods, second time front row. I intend to see it at least another three times, and I think I'll try for the middle of the stalls or front of the dress circle. Bloody brilliant show. She's in it til April, and she's worth every penny.
  • Madonna at the MEN! Despite the length of time she kept us waiting, and the lack of air conditioning, it was incredible. She did a rock version of Dress You Up, my favourite song of hers. And I got the tickets cheap. Cheap! All these women on the train back going on about how they paid £200 a ticket. I paid £100 for two. Mugs.
  • Fleetwood Mac, also at the MEN. I shall quote Tom on this: "Lindsey Buckingham is a beautiful man". He really is. Best guitarist I've ever seen.
  • Pink, also at the MEN, in my opinion the show of the year.
  • Britney Spears at the O2
  • 1984 at the National Media Museum with John Hurt as BB.
  • Thriller Live with Denise Pearson of Five Star fame.
  • Dublin trip.
  • Dorset / Bath trip.
  • Devon trip.
  • Norfolk trip to see the hippos.
  • Penguin hunt / Mac purchase.
  • iknow Lancaster, March Christmas do, National Business Awards, Christmas do in Liverpool, has been a good year for work's nights out.
  • Related to the above, I've definitely got a proper job now :)

    More to follow...
  • 1 comment:

    Cerisa said...

    nice to see you blogging again