Thursday, 27 November 2008

Day 2: Beans on toast and Russell Brand

Work was better than usual today, as I rediscovered some Russell Brand podcasts on my iPod and listened to them instead of the usual bland contemporary pop that has become a fixture in my day. I had a HUGE helping of beans on toast for lunch too. All was well. Am getting through the general snack cravings with chewing gum and tea, which is working very well for now.

Food
Beans on toast, 3 quorn chilli wraps, chocolate brioche. Apparently that all comes to 23 points, I'm not convinced, but I'm not hungry either, so we won't worry about it.
Gym
20 mins + 9 mins dawdling to watch Eastenders on Treadmill (148 + 50 cals, 1.87 + 0.73km, 0 gradient, 5.61 km/h or 3.49mph) Pace does not count the 9 mins extra dawdling.
20 mins - & learned a new word - on Recumbent bike (156 cals, 6.78km, 5 effort level, 20.34 km/h or 12.64mph)
20 mins Cross trainer (203 cals, 1.07km, 4 effort level, 3.21 km/h or 1.99mph)
10.45km from all of them.

Heart rate is constantly sky high again, I guess that's what I get for skipping the gym for a month. To raise fitness I'm doing what I was supposed to initially do for my 5k training, 1 min running + 1 min walking. OK I'm not, I'm doing 30secs jogging and 1 min walking to recover, but considering my heart rate goes up to about 180 after 30 secs it's probably wise not to rush things. My poor old heart. It's a shame those beta blockers made me wheeze.

Finally I think I might stick to the recumbent bike as I don't keep slipping off it.

Running totals
Treadmill: 4.38km
Bike: 14.08km
Cross Trainer: 2.16km
Total: 20.62km

No comments: