Friday, 27 February 2009

Worms

So yeah, let's do some worms.

Random adventures
Contrary to popular belief, I actually prefer my adventures to be meticulously planned, rather than random. But I have been on some pretty random adventures since turning 16, most of which have been brought on by excessive consumption of whatever. My favourite adventure that happened entirely at random and unexpectedly was the one that involved sitting in a car with Debbie, being driven from Phoenix, AZ to Manchester, CT. Although very stressful it allowed me to see an awful lot more of the country than I would have. Would never have seen the Jesus sign, wouldn't have crossed so many state lines, probably wouldn't have discovered chicken and bacon ranch Subways.

As for random adventures in the mother country, I regret the way I dealt with most of them really. I dislike the National Express, I dislike Megabus, and I hate driving/being driven, stopping every 20 mins to let one of our party throw up.

Guitars
I don't have as many of these as I used to. I gave one away to the Mind shop in Northampton, which was rather fitting actually. That was the cheap and cheerful one I bought in DC. It was never the same after we decided it could be left in an untreated shed for a couple of years. I own a Mexican Strat, but the only one of my guitars I actually play is my sexy blue Ovation Celebrity that I bought for my 21st. Aw bless it, it's only 3 years old.

Lesbian camping
Lesbian camping and random adventures are similar animals really. Two WITfests and that-trip-to-Ullswater-with-a-woman-who-is-definitely-not-a-lesbian-and-a woman-now-known-to-us-all-as-"Carl" later, they kind of start to lose their appeal. I did like the time when Me, moany moany, Kate and Kaylene were "the rudest people we've ever met" though. Especially the part when Kate put on her miners helmet and blinded everybody in the field. Have I done any other lesbian camping? Not exclusively so, I don't think so. There was a discussion on Saturday about descending on a Pagan festival in Silverdale at some stage, but I severely doubt that'll go ahead now.


Music

Classical music sucks. Popular music rules. I can't stand Absolute radio. Katy Perry must die.

Identity
I'm still working on my OU essay about this, but it's OK as I gave up the course and now I'm doing it just for fun. Not sure what I think about identity really. I did the Twenty Statements Test with moany moany and some children. Some of the fun things that came up were:

"I'm scared of wars"

OK that was the most fun thing that came up. I'll give this some more thought.

1 comment:

Scott Willison said...

"Lesbian camping" is one of the best topic headings, ever.