Sunday, 12 April 2009

"And it goes a little something...like this!"

Me and that moany old cow went to Newcastle on Thursday to see Invocal and spent a long time drinking in the Travelodge bar. It wasn't all it was promised to be on Trip Advisor - we expected to see a whole lot more debauchery, but the most debauched thing that happened was the sneaking of cans from upstairs and someone briefly forgetting it was illegal to light up indoors. The Hyena Comedy Club need to sort their shit out. I was all for writing some kind of letter of complaint, but I'm sure a passive aggressive casual aside in a blog nobody reads will upset them just as much.

Really liked Newcastle as a city, had my hair cut by a brilliant stylist from...can't remember...John Gerard or something, yeah that's it. Excellent Travelodge, gorgeous bed, great bar food in The Old George, great cider in the Head of Steam, great housing estate and football ground/athletics stadium in Gateshead, great bridges, just great really. Great breakfast in the Eye on the Tyne! Great!

We returned to Preston the following day for The Angel gig. I covered one of Debbie's tunes, did System Addict which at least Annette found hilarious, and was generally entertaining, disturbing, ascerbic and gorgeous. Seriously though, it went very very well, and Invocal were fantastic as always, even more fantastic perhaps as they did Give Back My Brain. The night took a turn for the surreal as we sat upstairs in the Angel surrounded by kitchen furniture, then we all had squashed frogs at ours and theeeeeen... don't know. I think I was rather huggy.

2 comments:

Jilicious said...

Don't ever assume nobody reads your ramblings...

Nat said...

Hello Jill. I bet I know how you found my blog.